Tuesday, December 27, 2011

so. much. soul.

soundtrack. florence.

I'm sitting here in my bed. Thinking about many things. Like the things I could do to fix perceptions and ideals of beauty among us. It breaks my heart seeing the things girls do to be perfect. And how many girls really doubt how amazing they are. I know I sometimes do - getting caught up in comparisons to others. But after writing a 10 page research paper on the issues behind distorted body images and the medias influence it really makes me want to change something. That really is what I want to do. Leave marks of good. I don't think ranting about it on my little corner of the interwebs will do much. No I have to think big. Much bigger. And I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

On another note. 
Listen to these. 
In my opinion Florence and the Machine has some of the most soulful, thoughtful, most meaningful songs out there. All the lyrics are constructed carefully and perfectly. 
So just stop what you're doing. watch these. and listen.
Really listen. 
And feel. 


"it's peaceful in the deep. cos either way you cannot breathe"
Never Let Me Go


"I've been a fool and i've been blind."
Shake It Out


"i heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too. so in the darkness i stayed with you"
Cosmic Love


"happiness hit her like a train on a track"
Dog Days are Over

(i like the earlier version of this video better. but it has to be played in a lower quality so it wont post.)

El fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment