Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Empty Shelves

Bookcase, Give your knowledge to those around you,
Everyone wants it and everyone needs it.
Serious and funny, dramatic and light.
Tell them what they want to hear.
How everything will work out just right.
Be the thing they need and search for.
Inspire them, fill them with dreams.
Take them to places they never thought of.
Be the missing pieces they need.
They grow from what they find from you,
Grow from what they read.

Bookcase,
I feel like i have become the bookcase needed from everyone.
So teach me your ways.
Now that, that is who i am.
I love to share my knowlege
I love to give a laugh
To share my books on my shelves.
But i cant give every page of me
Cause what more will i have left?
Books keep coming off the shelf,
Tearing pages here and there.
But a book lacks to come back.
How can i spread my knowledge if
No one returns what i have given out?

Bookcase,
I do not mind to be one,
Although my case is getting empty,
I dont mind cause i can help someone.
I wish though that the books rented out
Would get returned once in awhile.
I want to spread what i can give but,
If i have no books left,
No pages to share,
No new stories,
Or things to bare.
Then i have to stock up my shelves again,
Alone.
From scatch.
For those readers who just keep on checking out.
I want to be that book case for everyone else
To be the bookcase i had once been.
But it is hard when nothing comes back.

Readers,
So please, Ask yourself,
What have you checked out?
And most importantly,
From what you have read,
From what you have grown
Have you given a story back?
Has a book been returned?

No comments:

Post a Comment