Saturday, April 30, 2011

I got a fast car..

Location: My floor.

Listening to: Fast Car. Boyce Avenue.

Avoiding: I can't sleep.

Life isn't fair, and life won't ever be fair. But rather than bitch and wallow in sadness, go out and make the most of it. Do something you wouldn't normally do, inspire others who need a push, and gout and create the world you want to live in. So grab a drink and give a toast that you're still alive, and give a toast to those who aren't.

A dear teacher to me passed away today. He was an inspiration, a friend, a mentor and more. This man, he believed in me. He taught me so much. One of my last conversations with him was about life, and how we're all going to make it. That growing up wasn't going to be easy, but I would do it with grace. He promised that he would always be there for me. And I don't doubt that for a second. I can feel his spirit here. Pushing me to go forward, keep learning and carry on the legacy he has created. He smiled till the end.

It's all so bitter sweet. It feels like a dream. People come, and people go. Premature death is the most unfair, but God takes the good ones early. I trust Maddux is in heaven, no longer in pain. He's where he needs to be. And while this knowledge doesn't take the pain away - knowing the plan of salvation sure makes things a lot easier.

I love you Maddux. You'll never be forgotten. God be with you till we meet again.

I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere

Anyplace is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove

You got a fast car
And I got a plan to get us out of here

1 comment:

  1. No Swears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but I love you.
    And happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete