Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Little talks

Lately there has been so much talk of change.
people coming.
people going.
seasons turning. 
plans being made. 
life being lived. 
it is an ever present force.
everyone is constantly looking how things are going to change. 
some view it as an escape.
plans, changes, are important, they must be made. but I think they forget. 
what about right now?
what about the things that don't change?
what about the heart breakingly beautiful moment right before the change?
after all. leaves are most beautiful before they fall. and stars shine brightest right before they fade. 
if we're stuck anticipating we're only going to be let down once it actually happens.
living like this will never bring true happiness.
we must be patient. 
going about our daily tasks and priorities. 
being where we are. 
but being patient is hard, especially when you're itching for a change. 
when you're feeling like a child on Christmas Eve. 
Yearning. 
so full of anticipation.
not really sure what things hold in store. 
wondering how hour decisions will influence the change for better or worse.
every day is pivotal. 

I don't know a whole lot right now.
I don't know where I'll be in six months. 
But I do know I'll get there. 
I do know I'll be able to do what I desire.
I do know I'll be happy. 

1 comment:

  1. You make me happy. This is one reason I love you! Your ability to soak fully into the present moment is admirable.

    ReplyDelete