Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy.

It's snowing. I always like it when it snows, there's something about it that just quiets the world.

There's been much that I've wanted to share. 

The last three weeks have been a whirl wind. 
Filled with change, and it's been delicious. 
It's only just sunk in that this life I'm living. This reality. It's mine. and I have the capacity to do whatever I want with it. 
if you want details as to specific events. Ask me in person. 
I've been so incredibly happy. 

I've thought a lot about happiness too. 

Happiness is very much a cognitive choice, often resulting from the choices we make every day. 

A simple truth, when applied, can make days brighter. 

The key is our choices. Is the way we're spending our precious time activities that are going to build lasting happiness, or are we just continually searching for that temporary high?

I've chosen to forgive and be free. To let people be human. To see their asymmetry and love it. To laugh. To enjoy the little things. To see miserable conditions and have a blast. To build connections. To draw nearer to God. To continue seeking out an education and studying hard. To take time. To be present. To interact. 

And it's in making these choices that I've come to see how much time we waste reaching for temporary happiness because we are convinced that if it is easily attained then it will stay with us.
 I'm inclined to believe that so much of our happiness comes from the process of stretching ourselves and building meaning in our lives. To find joy in the journey.  cliche, only because it's true. 

I am in a good place. 
I am loved.
I am flawed.
I am accepted.
I am human.
I am wanted.
Not only by my peers but my heavenly father too. 
I am happy. 
Happy being me. 
Simply me. 

The world is a pretty beautiful place when you stop and look around. 

don't take anything for granted. 
be thankful.
love more.
you'll be much happier.
i promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment