Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Square one

Yes, I stole the title from Coldplay. But it felt appropriate, because that's where I'm standing.

I'm doing what I can to form my own person. I know that is done by the decisions we make throughout our lives, the opportunities we are given and take. It's the beginning of a new year, I CAN BE ANYONE I WANT TO. That's a good thing. I'm glad I can be who I am, share something with the world. But sometimes starting at square one in the same place isn't always the easiest thing.

Like the song says, "You're in control is there anywhere you wanna go? You're in control is there anything you wanna know? The future's for discovering, the space we're traveling in." Everyday is for learning something new. but we have to dictate where we want to go. Like today...(long story, want the details... ask me yourself)

Really what I want to do is help others find that person. I know who I am for the most part, I know what I want to do, and I know that I will likely be able to get there. But I want to HELP OTHERS find that. I don't want them to be hurting and think they are alone... Although I'm figuring out new things everyday, I'm glad for those things because they have made me who I am. I have the opportunity to change peoples lives. Opportunity to help. And that's something I want.

After you give someone advice and you see that light start to come back into their eyes it's the greatest feeling in the world. You KNOW that you have given them a shred of hope, something to hang on to. You don't want them to give up, you're just praying they will hang on, because sometimes you have to do things for yourself, and it's likely that those things will not be easy, but there are people looking out for you. Know that. Know those that love you and want you to succeed, they want to do it for you, but as much as they want to they can't. Regardless, they will cheer you on the rest of the way. And hopefully they will not turn on you for the decisions you make.
Then again, that's how we find out who truly cares for us.

Regardless, I am so excited for this "square one" of a new year. I'm going to make Junior year the best I can. I'm stoaked for new teachers, and eventhough things may be different I don't think it will be to bad. I will always miss Gardner and Bowen, yes, they will always have a place in my heart, but I think it's going to be okay, I think I'm going to be able to open up for the new teachers just as I did with Bowen and Gardner. There are some amazing people in this High School.

Maybe, someday I will be like them. At another square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment