Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Today I went to Yoga

for the first time ever. and I think I might go again.

Let go. For this is the key to happiness.
I envy those stories where people can get up and skip town. Start a new life in the city. Cut off all their hair. Enroll at an art institute. Become incredibly edgy and wonderfully artsy. Then I remember this is reality. Where facebook mocks our lives. We don't know what people think, it bugs us to no end. And we define ourselves through knowing things that others don't. We want so badly to be apart of the culture that screams individuality. But when everyone begins to become this way. What are we but a heard of black sheep.
Secretly I envy the generation with out electronics. It is nearly impossible to do the above anymore. Everyone is so connected. Everything was so much more personable then. People KNEW you. They genuinely wanted to be with you. We are a generation of comparisons. So I'm letting go. Letting go of the assumptions that are probably untrue. I'm going to ignore all of these exterior social things screaming my name. Sit outside. Read a book. Enjoy the day. Find some good music. And just listen. Because all we are is a bunch of drones. I hate it. And I know it makes me less happy. 
So here's to happiness. And summertime. New friends, old friends, and new love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment