Wednesday, May 9, 2012

People that are wonderful: edition 4

Everyone. Meet Dottie.


Not the best picture of us ever. but I think it's hilarious. We're currently sitting in the wash hut. One of the many reasons she's great. OH. Dottie's real name. Dorothy. Isn't that wonderful? She's one of my lovely roommates a dear friend. And simply fabulous in so many ways. Dottie understands what it means to be a friend and truly love someone. Dottie. You are wonderful. And here is a few reasons why. 

1) Her laugh. It's contagious. It's loud. It's unique. Dottie laughs at so much, and it's not an awkward get me through life laugh. It's a I'm genuinely laughing at this because I think it's funny. I love it when she laughs and when we get together. Boy do things get silly!
2) Her style. Dottie dresses in the BEST ways. Bright colors. Buttoned skirts. Buttoned shirts. And she always tops it off with some fabulous shoes. She's classy & fun. She always says I'm her doll and it's true, but I don't mind. One day she will have a J-Crew husband that she dresses, and he'll dress her. 
3) She is a hard worker. I am so impressed by her right now. She is currently taking both anatomy AND econ. She works hard while we're all playing. She's one smart girl. 
4) Dottie loves Christ. She really knows and understands who he is. She takes time to improve on her spirituality and talk about it with me. Her relationship with the Savior is part of the reason she SHINES so brightly. Really, this girl is a supernova. I also love reading scriptures with her.
5) She is so giving. I could go on about this one for awhile. I'll just say that Dottie puts so many others before her self. If we were still in grade school Dottie would receive the best sharer award. She also shows up ready to help any time anywhere. 
5.2) she gives hugs.
6) Her creativity. For example. I talked about going to the salt flats for a photo shoot the next day she has these two mannequins that we're going to spray paint and take pictures with. we have a list going.
7) Sammy's runs with her. enough said. Actually. going anywhere to eat is just hilarious. She also brings me home delicious cupcakes occasionally. They make any bad day a million times better.
8) she's really good at playing coy. I think it's funny.
8.2) because that last one wasn't very good. she LOVES to read. and that is something that more people need to love. 
9) Dottie introduced me to yoga. and I am in love. if you ever need convincing of why to do yoga just listen to her talk about it and you won't ever question.
10) she listens. she is completely there in a conversation. She seeks understanding and is engaged. It's a gift that she uses well. And I appreciate it so much. More than she knows.

So Dottie. You're wonderful. I love you dearly, and I'm so glad we share a bunk bed, laughs, ideas, adventures and great cuisine. Thanks for being one of my very best friends 


1 comment:

  1. SARAH THE SARAH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY AND WANT TO SEND YOU A VIDEO! Will you email me so I can get your adress?

    ReplyDelete