Monday, July 1, 2013

A broken throne

So remember that time a kid threw a tantrum and literally shattered the toilet. the second day of camp.
Well, here's the proof. 
I don't make these stories up.
It's nuts here. 
I love camp.

Also, rama plauge hit this week. Pretty much half of camp is in "isolation" which is quarantine. 
Ashton has beat me at chess about 14 times, which is every time. 
Caillou (notorious for raising all sorts of problems) and I had a real conversation where I was educated about baseball and other sports, what to do in the city, and what foods he thinks are good.
Matt and Nick, who fight all the time, worked together on the rock garden (a low ropes element) and after told me that they could try to keep being friends at their next activity because it felt good to be nice.
Peter rice and I played blues clues
Steven asked my name 7 times, how to spell it, and then started calling me "Sarah Jessica Brothers"
I got Pierre (a kid who pretends to be non verbal) to use his words during challenge. 
and so much more. I love these kids so much. Even though they are a pain one second, then they do something amazing the next and you can't help but love them. I love behavioral kids for some reasons and I love the autistic ones for others. They are each an individual, and each one is wonderful in their own way. There's nothing wrong with these kids, they just need to be taken care of or taught in ways that are different from a factory. There is no cookie cutter answer, it's complicated, it's messy, it's hard, and i love it (most of the time) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment