Monday, July 1, 2013

Sundays in NY

One day way back in late march tom talked about visiting his grandma in Boston during the summer. 
I jokingly said, "when you're there we should hang out in New York"
a chuckle and oh that sounds great was all that was said about the matter until a few weeks ago. 
We actually pulled it off and yesterday was spend blissfully gallivanting around New York City with one of my favorite people.
Saturday night I rode the train from Rhinecliff to Penn Station, got a little lost on the subway, found the uptown train, made it to Time Square, Grand Central, then finally 86th on the upper east side and found where I would be spending the night. Lorinda, shout out for your help in contacting your friends, they were so kind and wonderful. 
Sunday I got up early and was able to go to church! It was so refreshing to attend. If I can go at least every other week, I think I'll be able to make it through the summer. 
The church in Manhattan is really cool! It looks just like any other building and then when you go inside it's like you've been transported back to Utah. also everything is stacked. It was a wonderful morning. 
Tom, his dad and grandma picked me up and we went all over New York. 
Ground Zero, Brooklyn Bridge, Time Square, Little Italy, then finally made it up to the MET and Central Park. 
The MET and Central Park were my favorite part of the day. I would have been perfectly happy hanging out at those places all day.


Tom pulling a Ferris Bueller at the MET. (Cameron)


A little excited to be riding the Subway. 

Dave was so kind to offer to drive me back to camp, so they got to see what I do on the daily. 

All in all. Yesterday was great. I loved every second. 
Tom is kind of my very favorite. And yesterday might have very well been the highlight of my summer. 

see ya in 47 days utah. 
is it awful that i know that?

No comments:

Post a Comment