Saturday, May 17, 2014

That Summer Feeling...

If you know me, you'd know that there is nothing I love more about the earth than the in between seasons of spring and fall. There is a lingering sense of magic in the air that I love. A sense of life that you can just feel. Both seasons are buzzing with change and a bit of nostalgia. Just something about the promise that lies ahead that makes me so inexplicably excited and happy. I remember this time last year I was getting ready for a summer that would confirm so much about the direction I had decided to move towards in life. I remember looking at the prospect of the adventure that laid ahead and was so beyond thrilled to jump full into whatever the heck summer had to offer. And it was really hard and really wonderful. This year is different, I'm taking the summer to be an EFY counselor, it's something that has kind of been a bucket list item of mine for a long time - and I am just so excited to see where the summer takes me. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from the kids and I'll be tired, oh so tired, but it's the best kind of tired imaginable. I think about where I've been between now and last summer and I've grown so much. I've learned so much about rec therapy, applied my knowledge in so many settings. I'm grateful for where the year took me, I've learned a lot about myself and others and what it really means to love (which will probably be a life long evolving pursuit). I'm thrilled for what lies ahead, summer if for experiencing, adventuring, and growing. In the mean time I have a lot of barefoot nights and laughs to be shared before EFY begins. mmm. I love this playground I live in, now accepting applications for adventure buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment