Monday, June 18, 2012

Run.Drive.Sleep?Repeat.

I am thankful I have 2 legs because I get to use them for running.

This last weekend I ran ragnar. 

MOST WONDERFUL. TIRING. SPECTACULAR. PAINFUL. EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

seriously. I'm addicted.

200+ kills. 197 miles. 12 runners. 5 injuries. 2 vans. 0 sleep. 1 awesome weekend!

Besides the small set back of an hour plus wait at one of the exchanges and 5 injuries on our team the weekend pretty much was awesome. 

We got well over 200 kills thanks to Joel's mad running skills on the "what the hill!?" leg of the race. And some sweet quotes. 


Getting ready to start... obviously a litte excited. 


This guy was the coolest volunteer. I'll be doing this when I'm old. 

FUNNY STORY. Right before my first leg I had to go to the bathroom really bad, so I ran to the front of the line said runner and found an open honey bucket. About the same time the honey bucket people were there to empty them... and in my hurry I neglected to lock the door... well I'm minding my own business in there and the door opens. I let out a little squeal as the guy just doing his job slammed the door. I got outta there as fast as I could. And it made for a really good laugh later in the day! 


Right after I finished my last leg. Most if it was downhill, and then a steady incline. It was HOT. I almost threw up. But I made a friend that leg too. When I run, I look out for people that are struggling to keep going and I always tell them to run with me. The lady I ran with that leg was hurting, and so was I but we pushed each other to the finish line. We made it and hugged, I hadn't even known her an hour before hand. See that's what I love about running - it brings you so much closer to people so quickly. And it teaches you how strong you really are. Which is much more than you know. 




Spent 36 hours in this sucker. 

The best part was cheering people on! we made so many friends along the course. Had so many dance parties. Would sing to everyone along the way! I loved it! Going up the "what the hill!?" leg was so much fun. So many butterflies. So many laughs :)


Van number 1! showered and happy to be done :)


The Spanking Spatulas!

And it wouldn't be a race with my brother if we didn't get our signature picture together. 

So, yes. I will be participating in another Ragnar. So fun!

And totally worth the sticker ;) 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you are so cute! Maybe you can motivate me to run...I miss you. We need to get the PC crew together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KINZ! You're simply wonderful! Running is seriously the best! I miss you too girlfran! You're living in utah county right? and yes. please. please. please. please. I would LOVE that :)

      Delete